Education isn’t just important for photographers in Knoxville, Tennessee, it is important for all photographers. Let me start by saying that I am a true “lifetime learner.” I love learning in all aspects of my life, not just in my business. Today, there are endless possibilities for photography education. You can learn online, you can go to conferences, you can go to classes, you can get a mentorship and so much more. I personally love a mix of education. I am a member of the Professional Photographers of America, where I attend their national conference (I just got back from this conference in Nashville, TN). I am also a member of the Professional Photographers of East Tennessee, where monthly in person education events are offered. Since I specialize in high school seniors, I attend a conference that is geared towards high school senior photographers called SYNC. I am also very active in mastermind groups that discuss education a continual basis.
One thing I love about attending in person education is that I get to hug on and fellowship with people that are called to do what I love to do. I have made some of my very best photography friends at conferences. Photog besties are the best…we have a tribe of ladies that have each others back and are always around if someone needs advice or just virtual hugs.
Why photography education is important:
- Learning new things to better serve clients is a must (I want to be the very best photographer I can be!!)
- Photography is a changing industry, so photographers need to know and understand what is changing
- Education is a way to network with other photographers
- Other photographers see things differently and do things differently, it is a great opportunity to learn a shortcut or a new perspective
- Watching other photographers and hanging out with them inspires me…I want to go create beautiful art!
Photog friends, be sure you are seeking good photography education. If you would like any details on any of the education that I attend, I would love to share with you!