Prom time is officially on us in Knoxville, Tennessee. I absolutely love seeing all of the gorgeous girlies, beautiful dresses and amazing pictures. I love seeing where the different high schools in Knoxville have their proms. Some schools go all out (which I think is totally awesome).
There are so many things that go into creating the perfect prom night. Let’s talk about some of those.
8 Tips to Remember When Getting Ready for Prom
- Make sure you have all of your “getting ready appointments” locked in early. Appointments go fast for prom day – remember there are lots of schools that go on the same day.
- Nail appointment – get your mani and pedi done a few days before prom
- Hair appointment
- Makeup appointment
- Make your dinner reservations early. Be sure to think about where your prom is and where you are going to take pictures before you decide on your dinner location.
- Book your photographer as soon as you know your prom date. I want to photograph all of the gorgeous couples, but unfortunately, I can’t get everyone in.
- Plan your after prom gathering. There are so many fun things you can do after prom.
- Group party (obviously parent approved)
- Bon fire
- Go eat desert
- Catch a local band
- Don’t forget the boutonniere or corsage.
- Be careful with your spray tan. Test it out before the week of prom. All spray tans are not created equal.
- Start your beauty regimen the night before
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated
- Eat fruits and veggies
- Get a full night’s sleep
- Pack a prom essentials bag
- Lip gloss
- Gum or mints
- Safety pins
- Bobby pins, mini hair spray
- Powder compact with mirror
- Band aids
I hope this list helps as you start to prepare for prom! Here are some gorgeous images from a prom group from Grace Christian Academy.